There really is nothing better than food to get you in the Christmas Spirit. One of the girls at work made these herself and brought them in and ah they tasted so good. So I got the idea off her and wanted to give them a go myself. They are so easy and quick to make. They’ll be perfect for any Christmas parties/gatherings or even if you want a fun day baking.
40g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
145g Caster Sugar
2 Eggs, at room temperature
60g Plain Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
100g Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C (350˚F/Gas 4). Lightly grease an 18 x 28 cm (7 x 11 inch) rectangular shallow tin and line the base with baking paper, leaving the paper hanging over on the two long sides.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the cocoa and sugar, then the eggs.
3. Put a sieve over the saucepan and sift the flour into the saucepan. Add in the baking powder and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine. If you wish to add chocolate chips then mix them in.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and place the mince pies into the mixture. Make sure to push the mince pies right to the bottom so they don’t stick out too much. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
5. When cooled, lift them out of the tin and cut up into pieces. I like to cut mine quite small because then they are little bitesize pieces but you can cut them as big as you want. I also dusted some icing sugar on top to make them look extra festive!
I think they taste even better if you put them in the microwave for about 10-20 seconds, and have a little scoop of ice cream on the side. Yum!!!